Match each of the following terms A through F with the appropriate definitions 1 through 6.
A. Maker of a note
C. Promissory note
D. Payee of a note
E. Principal of a note
F. Dishonoring a note _____
1. A written promise to pay a specified amount either on demand or at a definite future date. _____
2. The cost of borrowing money for a borrower, alternatively the profit from, lending money for a lender. _____
3. One who signs a note and promises to pay it at maturity. _____
4. The one to whom the promissory note is made payable. _____
5. Refers to a note maker's inability or refusal to pay the note at maturity. _____
6. The amount that the signer of a note agrees to pay back when the note matures, not including interest. Defining promissory notes.