To treat a victim of cold water immersion one should:-
- Get the victim out of the water as soon as possible.
- Remove the victim from the water gently and in horizontal position.
- Prevent further heat loss.
- Treat the hypothermia victim gently.
- Seek medical help immediately.
What is cold water immersion?
- It involves people immersing themselves in water at temperature of less that 15 degree Celsius.
- It sometimes used to treat muscle soreness after exercise.
To know more about cold water immersion here